Friday, July 4, 2008

Former Lions DT Rogers: I'm happy to be where I'm wanted

Posted by Philip Zaroo | MLive.com July 03, 2008 10:50AM
Categories: Former Players
This just in from the Department of Selective Memory: While practicing with some inspiration for his new team – the Cleveland Browns – former Detroit Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers says he's gaining inspiration from playing for a team that wants him.

USA Today, July 2: Rogers, still beaming after signing a six-year contract worth $42 million, is vowing to make the most of his fresh start. He says of the Lions, "They weren't happy with my services at the time, and somebody welcomed me with open arms. And I'm just glad to be here."
Browns head coach Romeo Crennel says he sees a different big man than what the Lions apparently saw, and is happy with the acquisition so far.

"Shaun is a physical specimen. He's got good size, good strength. I think he'll be hard to handle one-on-one, which will force some double teams," the coach says. "His attitude has been good. He's been working. No problems, smile on his face."

No comments: