Friday, July 4, 2008

Rockies manager Hurdle thinks Lions can clear one in 2008

Posted by Philip Zaroo | MLive.com July 01, 2008 15:02PM

Not many are predicting big things for the Detroit Lions in 2008, but Colorado Rockies manager Clint Hurdle sees some similarities between his 2007 World Series team and this year's Lions. Former MLive Tigers Insider Danny Knobler writes about it in The Knobler Blog at CBS Sports. Check it out here.

CBS Sportsline, June 27: "I felt the same way about the Rockies as I feel about the Lions, that they'd have their day, and then they'd be off and running," Hurdle said. "Rod and I talked about the common fabric of their '07 season and our '06 season. Because in '06, we were on top of the division after the All-Star break, and within a three-week period we had fallen to the bottom of the division."
...
"I told him we'd get together and share some of the lessons I think I learned from that ('06) season," Hurdle said. "You never know how close you really are."

No comments: